Couple of Kiki Art projects to share!

Hi everyone!!!  Here are a couple of Kiki Art projects that I have worked on in the last couple of weeks.  I have worked on some other things, but I just can't post them yet.....not until CHA starts.  So, if you don't hear from me for a week or so, that will be why!


 Supplies:  Kiki Art Jardin line papers, Tombow Adhesives, Bazzill Cardstock, 
Smooch Accent Ink, Acrylic paint, Quikutz dies, Martha Stewart punches.

The first one I already gave you a sneak peek of here a post or two down.  I got the darn stomach bug on New Year's Eve and lets just say I rang in the New Year in a NOT SO FUN way!  I am better now, just a little tired and a cold.  So, that is why I haven't posted this one yet.  The funny thing is, after I did this layout for the Kiki Art blog, it turned horribly cold here, with snow!!!!  Yeah!!!  Maybe I did a "snow layout" dance!!!!  I edited the pics at Picnik.com and added the snowy frames.  These papers are from the Jardin Collection and are more springtime than winter...but I just added paint to make some snow!!

To make my die cut letters stand out I cut them four times and glued the layers together with my Tombow Multi, this gives the cardstock the effect of chipboard, by layering.  Warning the smaller the letter the more time it takes, but it works great!!!  


Here is the other layout I did for the Kiki Art blog.  I actually filled in for Sarah since she is SWAMPED right now with CHA happenings. She sent her layout to me and I wrote the posting...and then I added a "mini" layout to go along with her 12x12 one. If you are in Anehiem at CHA you need to go by the Kiki Art booth and meet Sarah, Kiki, and Nicole.  They are going to be rocking the Kiki Art projects and having some fun.  Make sure you stop by and say HI!!!!  Kiki is coming from Canada, so give her a special warm American welcome!!!  I so wish I was going.  :)  

Cardstock, Making Memories Slice

Did you know that alot of the sayings that we have are Chinese Proverbs??  I had no idea until I came up with the idea for this layout and started looking around the internet.  One of my favorites that I included on the layout is;  Dogs have so many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues!!! 


And the see the border paper?  That black area is thickly flocked!  So, you get the effect of a ribbon, without having to use one.  And I thought the glittered chipboard shapes gave an oriental feel to the piece.  How fun and easy was this!  (please forgive the picture....no sunlight for days...it was the best picture I could get!)


Alright, I think I might go scrap now!!!!

Have a scrappy kinda day~~Katrina

3 comments

  1. I just loveee your snowy LO there Katrina! Have a nice weekend

    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that layout and the homemade chipboard idea! (you must have A LOT of patience!) Thanks for posting! Stay warm

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. wtg with homemade chipboard and i love the tree on your snow page :D

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!