A Scrappy Gnome and introducing Em....

There is a new member of the household.....meet Em.........


Yes, I got a new sewing machine.  I had a Brother that I had gotten for Christmas years ago....never really worked right.  (couldn't be operator error!)  So, I went on the hunt Friday/Saturday and picked this up at a local quilt shop. Merrily We Quilt Along It's a Bernina Bernette 56.  Within my pricing range...they had me sit and play with it....as soon as I saw the automatic threader...well, pretty much sold me.  They are so nice there...so if you are in the Springfield area and love to look/shop/gawk at fabric or need a sewing machine go in and see them! 

Best part....ha ha...I get two 3 hour lessons!!!  LOL LOL  Which is a good thing considering I had it sewing in reverse when I got it home....I am not sure what I did, but it's ok now!  I think I am going to need those lessons!

On to a layout.....I picked up Echo Park's Little Boy line from Our Paper Place and Scrapbook Generation the last couple of weeks.  So, I have been having fun with it.  Of course, after I got the sewing machine working, I had to do a layout!!!

  Supplies: Echo Park Little Boy Collection, American Crafts Thickers,
Unknown Ribbon and Jute Twine, The Twinery Baker's Twine, Cat's Eye Inks,
Zig Micron pen, EK Success border punch, Sewing Machine, 
Scotch ATG, Fabri Tac, and Scrapbook Adhesives

Closer look at the mushrooms
 
My Stitched Banner!!

And that stitch around the edges is a blanket stitch....in case you were wondering!!!

Good stuff coming up this week...I have a Play Date Cafe Challenge entry to post....And I have managed to create something for EVERY sketch over at Sketch Support for February!!!  And some twice!  

Have a wonderful night!!

2 comments

  1. This is way cool. I have been wondering if I should invest in a sewing machine as well.!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!