Enjoy the Small Things

Something I have learned, and it has taken me a LONG time, is to enjoy the small things. (thank you Carleen!) I know this sounds cliche or corny, but it's true.  We all need to take a look around and just enjoy.  Everything is seems to go by so fast and we are always hurrying to the "next" thing, that sometimes the small things are overlooked.  Since I have started scrapbooking, but more since I starting practicing with my camera, I LOOK for the small things to take pictures and remember.

Which leads me to this layout.  And SURPRISE....it is not one I had to do!  I just created this for fun and to use some papers that I had just bought!  I took this picture when the girls were down this summer and we went to the Wild Animal Park.  I love these types of butterflies and this one was just sitting there, so I had to get a picture.  

 
Supplies: Pattern Paper-Authentique (Splendid collection) and Hambly (Camera Collection); Letter Stickers-Authentique (Splendid collection); Transparencies-Hambly (Mini Brocade, Banners,  Urban Chic Frames); Rub-on-Hambly (Banners and Pennants); Ribbon-May Arts; Punches-Martha Stewart and Fiskars; Adhesives-Glue Arts and Fabri-Tac

Here are some close ups to see the details a little more....I lucked out when I printed my picture, because it fit perfectly in the transparency!  And you can use "some" punches on the transparencies also, which was a fun discovery for me.  You know I like my punches!  

A fun thing to do to letter stickers if they are bigger, is to sand the edges and distress them some!  I did that to these and I love the way it goes with the paper!

I am so excited about the following.......

I made the Winter Cycling Team for the Winter Twig collection!  Which means I get to guest design with the Winter Twig collection for the Little Yellow Bicycle blog!  THIS is a DREAM to me and as I have said on Facebook...I am OVER THE MOON!  I have loved LYB (as you know) since I first discovered their products and I tend to hoard them, just so I HAVE them!  I don't know any details yet, but I am super excited and there are 7 other girls that made the Winter Cycling team also.  I am so blessed to have this chance with all these amazing designers.  I can't wait to get my stuff and start creating!  

And last, but not least, coming up tomorrow on the Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker blog is our guest designer, Suzy West!  LOVE this girl and had the BEST time with her in Chicago at CHA.....I want to room with her again!

AND at the end of the week, we will have an announcement on the Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker blog, so you will want to check that out also!

That's it from me tonight!!  Have a wonderful day!

4 comments

  1. Loveeeeeeeeeeee that lo... loving the photo and that YUMMY wood grain!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yet again, a stunning page. Your house must be chock-a-block to the roof with crafting goodies as there's always such a variety of embellishment on your projects. Thanks heaps for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS :) :) :) Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!