A little Farmhouse for DogFest

I picked up October Afternoon's Farmhouse collection from ScrapbookSteals a few weeks ago and hadn't had time to really look at it.  After I did, the grey in the collection was begging for a layout of some sort with some pink thrown in.  I happened to have a picture from when we had went to DogFest back in Sept. 2011 that would work perfectly!!

Supplies:  Pattern Paper, Die cuts, Buttons, String, Ribbon-October Afternoon (Farmhouse); Stickers-October Afternoon; Cardstock-American Crafts; Adhesives-Scotch ATG, Fabri Tac, and Scrapbook Adhesives.

Silhouette Cameo with the following files
All Files by Laina Lamb 


I had a revelation when I was going thru cutting files, looking for something to use.  You can take any card shape and make it into a pocket for journaling!  I loved this card from Laina's kit at Two Peas because of the tab.  I just made it a whole lot smaller, and then glued the edges together.  It would look fab with  with double sided paper.  But, the paper I was using wasn't!  



And then I just added some bits and bobs on the page.  I wish I could do random, but I seem to need everything grounded.  Which is ok, but I do love the random look...I just can't do it!  And I loved that oval border with the two different papers.



We are trying to recover from the nieces being here for a few days this week.  We had a lot of fun and I think I took over 900 pics.  Granted not all of those are good, but there are a ton of them!  


1 comment

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!