Smile Everyday

It seems like it has been forever since I have done a card and posted it.  In my case, if I go for a time without making cards I need to practice before I start coming up with cards I like again.  

When I made my margarita layout, I whipped up this card afterwards.  Layering is a great way to make a plain card into a great card.  Also, cards are a great way to use up random journaling cards that are in collections, but don't quite fit with the layouts you have done.  

Supplies:  Cardstock-American Crafts; Pattern Paper-American Crafts (Ready Set Go/Amy Tangerine); Stamp-Laina Lamb Designs (Captured); Buttons-Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker; Doily-Wilton; Punch-EK Success; Twine-May Arts; Adhesive-Scotch ATG and Scrapbook Adhesives

You can see here where I added texture with the twine.  And I added dimension by popping up the journaling card and then also the "smile" banner across it.  That stamp is from Laina Lamb Designs "Captured" collection.  I also tilted the "smile" banner just a bit at the same angle as the camera. 

P.S. Laina sent me a couple of stamp sets/die sets to work with.  I have bought  almost ALL off her stamps and dies now!  I love them.  The quality is amazing for a clear stamp and I get great impressions every single time I use them!

That is all from me today.  You will be seeing a lot more cards in the future, I have the itch after creating this one!  Have a great Tuesday.  

1 comment

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!