123 Smile Hybrid Layout-Scrapping With Liz

Every month there is a new challenge on the Scrapping With Liz blog, a template challenge!  The one for April just went live and you can find it HERE.  This is a great way to try a template with your die cutting machine and see how easy it is to create with it!  Your software must be able to trace a PNG and you are set!  OR, if you want to try a little digital, it's a good way also!

I created a hybrid page using the template and the One Little Bird collection "Hopscotch".  I love how this page turned out.  I will say, I did flip the template around!

123_Smile_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_Katrina_Hunt-1000Signed-1
Supplies: Digital Template-Scrapping with Liz; Digital Collection-One Little Bird; Cardstock-American Crafts; Background Paper-One Little Bird for Gossamer Blue; Flair-a flair for buttons; Enamel Dots-My Mind's Eye; Stickers-Elle's Studio; Doily-American Crafts; Adhesive-Therm O Web

I created this layout almost entirely in the Silhouette Studio software.  If you are doing hybrid, it's a great way to see what you project will look like (or close to it) and not waste ink.  There are a few different ways to go about doing this and I will be going into more detail on that later.

I used American Crafts cardstock to print on and I used the textured side.  The colors come out softer than they look on the screen, just a little tip. I also printed out of the Silhouette software.  I will have some tips later on how you can make them a little brighter and deeper if you have Photoshop/PSE.  
123_Smile_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_Katrina_Hunt-1000Signed-2

This little saying was a digital stamp/sticker that came in the One Little Bird kit.  I printed, created an offset around and then cut out with my Cameo.  Honestly, I am still learning a ton about the hybrid process and trying to figure out the best way to convey how to do it!
123_Smile_Hybrid_Scrapbook_Layout_Katrina_Hunt-1000Signed-3

So fun right?!  Head over to Scrapping With Liz HERE and grab the template.  Play along, even if it's with paper from your stash and enter the drawing for 10.00 to her store at The Lilypad!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  It's been a heck of a week, more on that later.  Happy Wednesday!

1 comment

  1. Once again you make my mind explode all happy and encouraged to pick up the papers, glue, and scissors!:)
    Awesome work as always, Katrina. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!